Friday 20 August 2010

Great Green Bush Cricket...

This shot was taken while walking around a few small roads near our villa, Danielle and I just set off from out back door for a short walk and saw all sort from Wasp Spiders to Swallowtails, Imperial Eagles and Hobbies and almost everything in between, while watching a small but fantastic Beatle or Graphosoma Italicum for those amongst you that like your technical names when I saw what could only be described as a small plane or aircraft crash land in the hedgerow, it sounded like a Chinook doing a low fly by... Intrigued by the size of the creature I went looking for the culprit and found the mother of a Crickets looking back at me... A Great Green Bush Cricket and trust me it lives up to it's name "GREAT"....it was massive... in this picture there is nothing to scale it to but you can just tell its big, from memory I think it was about a foot long, of maybe 4 inch but it was large...

Photobucket


The technical information of how I took this photograph;
Lens: sigma 18-200 @ 200mm, Aperture: F.8, Shutter Speed 1/500. ISO: 800,

After I had taken the picture I upped the sharpness to increase the detail slightly and then added a gradient boarder to blend it into the background,

I hope that you like my picture,

Thanks Lee Harrison, Happy Days and Happy Snapping.

No comments: