Monday 23 August 2010

Sharing The Lake With Another Family....

This shot was taken around the lake at our first villa, there was a small family of Coypu living on our lake so one night I decided to get a little closer, hiding behind a tree the trusting little cub or Kit or baby, I'm not quite sure what they are called came walking right up to me, it new I was there but as long as stay still it wasn't bother, eventually after watching it for 20-30 min. it ended up within 2 metres of me, an amazing experience,

Photobucket

The technical information of how I took this photograph;
Lens: sigma 18-200 @ 200mm, Aperture: F.6.3, Shutter Speed 1/50. ISO: 800,

When I took this picture, it was going very dark, so I had to drop my F. and drop my shutter speed right down, on normal occasions I would never drop my shutter speed this low for nature photography but this time the light forced me to and I had to take a lot more shot to get one that was clear,

After I had taken the picture, I brightened the picture, (so you can tel how dark it was when I took the picture), upped the sharpness and then added a very small gradient boarder.

I hope that you like my picture,
Thanks Lee Harrison, Happy Days and Happy Snapping.

No comments: