Wednesday 21 July 2010

The Calm Before the Storm...

This shot was taken while taking a walk around White Coppice this evening with my Dad, it was lovely when we set off, the sun was shining and a couple of birds even broke into song, including a late singing Chiffchaff which was lovely to hear, but as we hit the half way point, the clouds rolled in and the thunder started to roll over the hills and I took this picture just before the rain hit us;

Photobucket

The technical information of how I took this photograph;

Lens: sigma 18-200 @ 18mm, Aperture: F.8, Shutter Speed 1/800. ISO: 400,

When I set off this evening, the sun was very intense so I decided to experiment and shoot on ISO: 400, as I am self taught I have always found ISO:800 the best for lighting and shutter speed but I wanted to see show much sharper my images would be with an ISO of 400; as I walked around the bird and insect life was very quiet but a thunder storm set in so I found myself taking a quick photograph while running for the car; as I was in a rush, I used only my shutter speed to control the lighting.

After I had taken the picture, I upped the shadow ever so slightly and added a very small graduated boarded,

I hope that you like my picture,

Thanks Lee Harrison, Happy Days and Happy Snapping.

No comments: