Sunday 11 July 2010

Still life and Motion...

I took this picture last Friday whilst walking around the Ingleton Waterfall walk with my partner...

Photobucket

I took this picture as an experiment, I wanted to open my shutter to create the effect of water running down the waterfall but I wanted to involve a person in the picture, finding the right shutter speed proved a bit tricky but with a bit of trial and error I Think that the photo turned out very effective and I hope that you would agree.

The technical information of how I took this photograph;
Lens: sigma 18-200 @ 44mm, Aperture: F.20, Shutter Speed 2 sec., ISO: 300.

Once I had taken the picture, I upped the shadow ever so slightly, just to give more definition on the rocks etc and then added a rounded border to soften the over all feel of the picture, if I could change anything about this picture, I would like more definition on my model but without editing the picture after I’m to sure how to achieve this while keep the background bright, so if any have any tips for my I love to here them.

I hope that you like this and that you might give it a try some time,

I would also like to thank Charlotte for sitting on a very uncomfortable rock whilst I played around with my camera.

Thanks Lee Harrison Happy Days and Happy Snapping.

No comments: